Monday 7 September 2009

Heart of England, Birmingham

This was my first competition in the 'B' band and it was the very difficult Heart of England. I was in a group of .. fighters. I needed to perform well in this and the Nationals to get a place on the English squad. It was going to be very hard as three of the existing squad were in my group.
Earl Starbrook (Hardy Spicer )First Fight
I won this fight quickly with a nice ko-uchi
Miles Nelson (New Star) Second Fight
This fight went the distance and I won with a wazari.

The draw worked out really good because the four semi-finalists were me, Jordan, Kieran and Tommy. They are all older than me and on the squad already

Tommy Ryan (Pinewood) Semi-Final
Tommy is a great fighter and we always have good fights. It was a hard fight but I managed to win by a wazari.
Jordan Haughey (Micklefield) Final
I was really please to get into the final and was fighting very well. The fight went into golden score and I got caught for a yuko. I was really pleased with my silver medal.

3 comments:

  1. Eric,

    Congratulations my dear judofriend with this wonderfull result, keep on beating the Squidmembers till you're in !!

    maybe i see you in december at the stage in Budokan Rotterdam (Mark Huizinga) i will go there only for one day because i'm in a personal training stage that time. Otherwise we will meet at Dutch Open 2010 Eindhoven !

    For now have fun and make nice Ippons !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eric.
    Congratulations with the first place in Venray.
    I will come to Kent at 25 june. I hope to see you there.
    kindly regards.
    Jeffrey van der Vliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric lost his fight in Kent against Papadopoulos, a brown belder, the nr, 1 was Schuurmans a blue Belder

    ReplyDelete