Saturday 14 March 2015

Junior European Cup, Portugal

Traveled over to Coimbra, Portugal for the first Junior event of the year. I had a great event here last year winning the Bronze Medal. My ranking saw me seeded number one for this event but seeding makes no difference in European Cups as there are so many strong fighters out there.

First Round Bye

David Reis (Portugal) Second Round
David is the Portugese Junior Champion and their clear number one fighter. Although I beat him last year it wasn't the ideal first fight. Thankfully I started really strong throwing David for Ippon.

Jasmin Boisvert (Canada) Third Round
Jasmine was tall and awkward and it was a really hard fight. We were level with a yuko each going deep into golden score. Thanfully Jasmin got another penalty.

Roy Schipper (The Netherlands) Quarter Final
It was a really good fight with Roy and I was leading by a shido when I countered his throw and held him down. Really pleased with this win.

Daniel Powell (Great Britain) Semi-Final
Another close fight with dan which I won by a yuko.

Aiden Moffatt (Great Britain) Final
As expected it was a close fight with Aiden. Like the last fight I scraped home by a penalty.

It was a great start to the year and I hope to continue my good for into the next European Cup in Italy

Results












No comments:

Post a Comment