Friday 24 July 2009

Junior US Open, USA





This week I fought in the Junior US Open in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. There were fighters fron 21 different countries and over 600 competitors. I was in a group of 12 competitors and I was the second fight on in my weight group.
Brian Neeson (USA) First fight:
Brian wasn't up to much and I beat him within 10 seconds. Brian lost his second fight in 4 seconds.
Brian Abrue (USA) Second fight:
Brian is the number one in America. I tried my best to beat him and not to let him get the attacks in. I was fighting well and I was getting the attacks in first and controlling the fight. I put in two very good throws, one should have scored (Wazari or Ippon) but the referees didn't score it. Around the middle of the fight I went in for an appalling attempt at O-uchi gari and then Brian countered the poor attempt by pushing me on my back.
Kevin Synman (South Africa) Third fight:
I beat Kevin in a quick time.
Blake Calli (USA) Fourth fight:
Blake was the best fighter I fought all day and he beat Brian Abrue earlier in the year so I was looking out for him. The fight went on for the whole 3 minutes resulting in a very satisfying win with a yuko (5 points).
Anthony Codinach (USA) Fifth fight:
Anthony's coach was very cocky so I wanted to beat him real bad. Early on in the fight I scored with a good pick up from his lots of Drop Seo-Nagi's which he picked up some penalties with. I threw him for Wazari with a nice kata-guruma. The fight went the full 3 minutes and the result of a win for me and a Bronze Medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment