Sunday 28 June 2009

Kent International, Kent

This year's kent International was one of the hardest comps I have done in Great Britain. There were some really good Dutch fighters as well as all the best British under 34's boys. I would have to fight really well to get a medal in this years competition.

Jack Murphy (First Fight)
As usual I started really slowly and struggled to beat Jack. Jack fought reallywell but I beat him with a yuko.
???????????(Second fight)
Still could not get into my judo and only won with a yuko.
Ben Schuurman (Third fight)
Ben is a very big strong Dutch fighter who had beaten me earlier in the year at the Dutch Espoir. I fought really well dominating ben with many good attacks winning with....................
Ziggy van der Brink (Fourth fight).
Ziggy is a very strong Dutch fighter who finished third in this years Dutch Espoir. Ziggy is very hard to fight and very fast. I thought I should have got a score early on but lost to a dodgy Yuko late on in the fight. I was very pleased with the way I fought. Ziggy later beat Liam Tarandij in the semi-final.


??????????(Fifth fight)
Won this fight with an ippon early on.
Ben Schuurman (Sixth fight)
I was up against Ben again next in the repecharge and had to fight well again to have a chance of winning a medal. I fought Ben the same way I did before and dominated with many attacks. I threw Ben for Ippon late on.
Liam Tarandij (Seventh Fight)
Liam is great fighter but i was fighting well. The fight went all the way with Liam scoring a Yuko with one of his pick-ups beating me for the bronze medal.. I was still really pleased with the fight.



Link to the results http://www.kentjudo.tk/

No comments:

Post a Comment