Saturday 19 January 2013

British Junior Championships 2013



After my Silver at the Cadet Nationals I had entered the Junior Nationals. This was going to be far harder than the week before as I was the youngest fighter by at least six months and the only 1997 player who had entered.  Most players in the group were 2/3/4 years older than I was. With the form I was in anything could happen.

Dominic Reilly (Sportif) First Fight
I had beaten Dominic in the final of last years Nationals and was pleased to start the competition well again winning with a strangle after some more good transition.

Jack Laidlaw (Danderhall) Second Fight
Jack was a difficult fighter and I had to rely on three penalties to get through this round.

Renz Vallejera (Tora Judo Kai) Semi-Final
This was the first time I had fought Renz  who was the number one seed for this competition. I was fighting better and knew I needed to keep off his uchi-mata I scored with a yuko before winning with a wazari late on in the fight.

This meant as the youngest fighter in the group I had reached yet another British Championship Final. In the same final as the cadet competition I would again be up against Peter Miles from Bradley Stoke.

Peter Miles (Bradley Stoke) Final
Unlike last week I tried to do more of my own judo and it was a much closer final. Although the result was the same I only lost by a yuko and will take more confidence into the next fight with Pete.

Link to the Results




Me & Pete in the Final



No comments:

Post a Comment