Sunday 23 March 2014

Junior European Cup, Portugal


It was great to be selected for the Portugal Junior Cup. Along with four other cadets who have been rewarded for their hard work and recent results.



Michael Zeltner (Austria) First Round, Age 20
I knew going into the fight that I had to perform to beat Michael and he was very good. I started the day off well by beating him with a rear naked strangle.

Alberto Martin Gaitero (Spain) Second Round, Age 17
Alberto was a cadet like me and I knew he was a strong fighter from watching him last year. He had a Gold and two Silvers from Cadet Cups last year as well as Third at EYOF and Fifth at the ECC. I carried my good form from my first fight into this one winning in 15 seconds with a standing seoi-nage. 

Antoine Bouchard (Canada) Third Round, Age 20
Antoine had a gold and Silver from this event the last two years and looked and felt four years older. I was dominated for most of the fight and only to lose by one penalty didn't really tell the story of the contest. Antoine went on to win the event again pulling me back into the repecharge.

Hjalte Nielson (Denmark) Rep First Fight, Age 19
Got lucky in this fight. Just managed to get out of a hold with three seconds to go and then got thrown for with but he used his arm to assist the throw and got disqualified.

Tom Meulensteen (The Netherlands) Rep Second Fight, Age 17
Tom was a very strong and awkward fight for me and I struggled to throw him until the last 30 seconds where I threw him for a yuko with uchi-mata to win the contest.

Jelmer Touw (The Netherlands) Bronze medal Contest, Age 19
Jelmer has been one of the top Dutch fighters for years now. I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleased with the way the contest went. I dominated the grips and countered his ashi-waza attempts twice and scored a yuko with one to finish the contest off with quick transition into juji-gatame.









Judo Inside Results

ippon.org


No comments:

Post a Comment