Sunday 16 September 2012

Welsh Open 2012

Only one week after the Heart of England I fought in the Welsh Open an Cardiff. I wanted to have a go at the -55kg weight group and see how I would do.  All four of the medalists from the Heart were down on the entry list but Danny moved up to the -60kg,

Harry Lovell Hewitt (Stroud) First Fight
Harry has dominated the Pre-Cadet age band and it was a tough first fight. The fight went all the way and I won with a wazari

Joshua Awiti (Enfield)  Semi-Final
This was the first time I had fought Josh and I found it difficult to get into the fight. Again the fight went all the way and I won by 2 shidos

Freddy Hendy (Polkeith) Final
Freddy was fighting really well and it was a tough final but I managed to score a yuko in Golden Score.



I was pleased to win Gold in the -55s but not with the way I fought. It was good not to fight well and still win the group.  I will next fight in the Warsaw Open in Poland and do a two day training camp after the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment