Sunday 14 October 2012

British Championships 2012


This year should have been my last as a cadet and this Championships should have been for 97/98 fighters.  Due to the change in cadet ages in Europe the BJA left this years competition at the same age band as last year 96/97. They have also changed next years Championships to 96/97/98.  This was my last competition at -50 and I am going to move up to -55 after this competition. I came into the competition hoping to win my third British Championships in a row.

Elliot Gladwin (Alpha) First Fight
I had never fought Elliot before but started the event well and won with a strangle after about 30 seconds.

Jack Murphy (Pro Judo) Semi Final
I have fought Jack many times and controlled the grips well before winning with a sangaku strangle.

Dominic Reilly (Sportif) Final
Dominic is tough but I was still fresh and fighting well. I jumped in on Dominics first attack and won in 22 seconds with a strangle.

Winning all my fights with strangles was very pleasing but most of all it was winning my third Championships in a row.  As a bonus I picked up my first 10 points towards my Dan Grade. Next years British Championships has been brought forward to January and with me just moving up to -55 this will be a hard challenge......but I like hard challenges !!!!

2012 Results


Focused or what

The moment before victory
The moment of victory
British Champion 2012

Medals with Winnie G

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Eric! Wow!!
    Please take a look at Daisi's website www.daisidaniels.co.uk
    Hope you enjoyed your well deserved holiday in Mexico, we will follow you, keep up the excellent work!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Eric

    I see you often run on international tournaments and saw you walk again today on the stage in Rotterdam you're really a good judoka and I want to congratulate you with your medailers

    good luck

    Michelle M. from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete