Monday 25 November 2013

Southern Area Ranking Event, Worthing

This is the last event before the nationals and my second at -66kg. I was hoping for a good test before Sheffield.

First Round (Bye)

Elliot Short (Oakwood) Second Round
Scored with a yuko and then an armlock within 30 seconds.

Islem Thameur (Tower Hamlets) Semi-Final
Islem is from France and had won his first two fights easily. He was big and strong. I started well and scored what I thought was a good throw after about 30 seconds. No score was given. The fight continued and I scored a yuko. During the next 90 seconds of the fight the senior referee on the care system had a look at the earlier throw and decided to award an ippon. having looked at the throw again it was a good ippon but I can see why it wasn't scored. It was good to see the care system changing the decision.

Leonardo De Muniz (Tower Hamlets) Final
Leo generally throws big and quickly. He is a great fighter. I was really pleased to win by ippon quite quickly. I'm sure I will have many more good fights with Leo.


No comments:

Post a Comment