Saturday 7 December 2013

British Cadet Championships

This was my last year as a Cadet and I was fighting at -66kg as the Nationals was the first event for 2014 ECC qualification.

Bye (First Round)

Ian Roberts (Kettering) Second Round
Not a brilliant start and my timing was well off. I threw Ian for Ippon in the second minute.

James Littler (Garioch) Third Round
Got going a bit better and won with a hold after about 45 seconds.

Leonardo De Muniz (Semi-Final)
When we fought at the Southern two weeks earlier I won quickly.  This fight was a really hard one. It was a close fight that went well into Golden Score.  Leo rarely throws for less than ippon and sadly for me I got caught with easily the biggest and best throw I have ever been thrown with. Only Leo has the power to catch anybody like this......well done Leo

Joshua Awiti-Alcaraz (Enfield) Bronze Medal Fight
Josh is a strong fighter and never easy to fight. It was really difficult to get back up for the Bronze fight and my timing was still well off. I really scraped the win with only one penalty on the scoreboard.

Although not the result I was after it was good to pick up my ninth National Medal and good points towards 2014 ECC qualification


No comments:

Post a Comment