Saturday 28 March 2015

Junior European Cup, Italy

Traveled over to Lignano, Italy for the second junior European Cup of the year. I was in good form from portugal but it was a hard event with may top fighters taking part. I was seeded two for the event.

First Round Bye.

Gabrielle Bossettini (Italy) Second Round
Won my first fight quickly with Ippon

Hidayat Heydarov (Azerbaijan) Third Round
Got caught for yuko and chased the fight as best as I could before getting arm-locked with 15 seconds to go. I will take some positives from how I fought Hidayat who is one of the best fighters around.

Lior Zvieli (Israel) Repecharge
Lior is a strong Israeli fighter who had trained with when I went over last year. Won with drop morote.

Filip Jovanovic (Serbia) Fourth Fight
Was fighting well still and won with Ippon in the first minute

Pawel Wawrzyczek (Poland) Fifth Fight
Pawel is 19 and has won many European Cup medals. It was a tough fight which I won by a yuko to get into the Bronze fight

Marco Papa (Switzerland) Bronze Fight
Marco is a good fighter who had beat me last year. He was having a great day beating top fighters. it was a close fight which I won by a penalty. We had both scored yuko.






No comments:

Post a Comment