Saturday 22 August 2015

Junior European Cup, Romania

I was selected as part of the GB team selected for next months European Championships.

This was my fourth event at -73kg and all of them have been European Cups so its been a really hard start in the weight group.

Sabin Marin (Romania) First Round
Nice first fight winning with an ippon.

Denizhan Caliskan (Turkey) Second Round
Second fight against a tough Turkish fighter winning with another Ippon.

Arttu Maatta (Finland) Third Round
Arttu had beat me two weeks earlier in Berlin. This was a much better fight. I was losing by a yuko until the very last seconds before throwing for my third Ippon of the day.

Elemer Szocs (Romania) Semi-Final
Elemer was seeded number one and is ranked number nine in the 73's. I was far to cautious in the first half of the fight picking up three penalties. I controlled the fight for the last two minutes but lost 3-2 on penalties.

Aku Laakkonen (Finland) Bronze Fight
It was a tough bronze fight which I won by a Yuko winning my fourth Junior European Cup medal of the year.






No comments:

Post a Comment