Sunday 24 June 2012

Kent International

On the 24th June I fought in the Kent International at Crystal Palace.  I was entered in the Blue/Brown belt section at -50kg


Section C -16       Results

Sasha Aguerreberry (Ealing) First Fight
I had not fought Sasha before but started the competition well throwing him for ippon with drop sode.

Joshua O'Connor (Gendros) Second Fight
Josh is a very good fighter who is moving up from Prre-Cadet this year.  I expect to have many good fights with him over the next year. I Threw Josh for Wazari and ippon which was a pleasing result.

Adam Bolwell (Bath) Semi-Final
Another player I had not fought before.  I controlled the fight well winning with a yuko and a wazari.

Sebastian Van Dongen (Netherlands) Final
Sebastian had earlier defeated Koen Van Zeul from The Netherlands so I expected a tough fight.  After about one minute I threw Sebastian for ippon

On the Sunday I had entered the Junior section (under 20) at -50 but there were only two of us in the weight group and the other lad had pulled out injured after fighting on the Saturday.  I was allowed to compete in the -55kg.


Youth Section -20      Results

Tyrell Clarke-Harewood (Moberly) First Fight
I had a bye in the first round before fighting Tyrell.  Tyrell had won the Bronze medal at last years Junior British Championships.  I had to put in lots of attacks and felt on top for most of the first minute.  I did some good transition  into an armlock and won the fight by ippon

James Stringer (Tonbridge) Semi Final
I was buzzing after beating Tyrell and fought my best fight of the weekend beating James with a Yuko, Wazari and an Ippon.

Isaac Gagin (Red Phoenix) Final
Isaac's long legs and o-uchi gari were to much of a problem and he threw me for Wazari before holding me down

This was my best domestic result to date.  To get a medal in the -55 at Juniors when still only -50 was brilliant. To beat the fighters I did was even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment