Tuesday 16 July 2013

London Open

It was great to eventually move up to the -60kg weight group but this group will be a far tougher one than the -55kg. Most of the top fighters are all 1997 which will make qualification for next years events a very tough prospect.

First Round Bye

Brandon Ortega Casey (Moberly) Second Round
My transition was bang on for this first fight and I won with a strangle within the first minute.

Andy Morris (Wirral) Semi-Final
Andy is ranked number three on the GB rankings and is very awkward.  This was a long tough fight which I won with a Wazari.

Danny Powell (Wolverhampton) Final
It has been a long time since I had fought Danny in competition.  Danny is ranked number two in GB. This was a very close fight with no scores right up to the last five seconds.  I made a big mistake stopping fighting just outside the area with Dan on his knees.  I presumed the referee would call Matte and stopped fighting...........Big Big mistake that I should not make as Danny pounced with a Ko-Uchi gari to score Yuko.

This was a good result at my first -60 event and I look forward to some great battles over the next twelve months with some very strong fighters.





No comments:

Post a Comment