Sunday 28 July 2013

Western Area Open

This was my second event at my new weight of -60kg

First Round BYE

David Saran (Ernest Bevin) Second Round
After a first round bye I was keen to get started .  It was a quick win in less than 20 seconds.

Chris Edwards (Kingsley School) Semi-Final
Chris was really on form today beating Harry Lovell-Hewitt in the previous round. It was a good tough fight which I won with an arm-lock in the third minute.

Abdurahman Chaatouf (Ernest Bevin) Final
This was going to be a really tough final. We had both won all our fights with ippons so far. I had never fought Abdurahman before but have watched him very closely and he is a very impressive fighter who throws big. This brought the best in me and my transition was bang on as usual. I would have won in the first thirty seconds but for some bad refereeing. I pounced on a weak attack in the second minute winning with another arm-lock. This was a good win.


No comments:

Post a Comment