Friday 12 July 2013

National Team Championships

I was picked to represent the North West at this years National Team Championships held in Walsall.

I was selected at -60kg alongside Andy Morris from the Wirral. I wasn't able to make -55kg so it was great to be able to move up and also get some fights.

We were up against the Midlands, Northern Area and the Western Area in our pool.  Andy fought against the Western Area where we scraped home on points after drawing the match 5-5. I fought against Jack Curry in the next match-up against the Northern Area with us winning 7-2. We were then up against the Midlands Area in our last group match which we lost 7-2.

In the Semi-Final we lost to the impressive Scottish team who went on to retain their title. I had a great fight against Neil Macdonald

No comments:

Post a Comment